Breaking News
recent

JANINA SAN MIGUEL | Bb. Pilipinas World 2008 (Full Performance)



JANINA SAN MIGUEL | Bb. Pilipinas World 2008 (Full Performance)

• Janina resigned from her title in September 2008, citing personal reasons including the death of her grandfather. The title was transferred to first runner up Danielle Castaño, who went on to represent the country at the Miss World 2008 pageant.

• She gained notoriety for her performance in the pageant's question and answer portion, where she lost her composure and gave an unfocused and rambling response with a thick accent. A video of the incident has garnered millions of views on websites

• At the time of the Binibining Pilipinas 2008 pageant, San Miguel was a freshman student taking up broadcast communication at the University of the East in Manila, with the ambition of becoming a professional broadcaster. She had previously garnered first runner-up at her school's Mister and Miss UE pageant, and said she joined the Binibining Pilipinas competition to gain "experiences, new friends and opportunities

• Despite the problems with her answer, she went on to win the competition and was crowned Binibining Pilipinas World. The criteria for judging the winner of the pageant allotted 80 percent to physical beauty, leaving just 20 percent to be divided evenly between personality and intelligence.

•It was announced on September 30, 2008 that Janina San Miguel had resigned her position of Binibining Pilipinas World. A short official statement released by Binibining Pilipinas Charities said "The untimely demise of her grandfather, among other personal reasons, has caused her undue stress, thus hindering her from fulfilling her duties for the said title".Her resignation came ​6 1⁄2 months after winning the title, and just ​2 1⁄2 months before the scheduled Miss World pageant.
source : wikipedia

Like us on Facebook and Instagram: Pageanthology 101


WATCH

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.