FLASHBACK : Miss Universe 1974 & 1994 Prizes
Let's reminisce with the prize packages of Miss Universe 1974 Amparo Munoz and Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen. The Miss Universe beauty pageant was held for the first and second time in 1974 and 1994 in Manila, Philippines.
The total prize package of Sushmita Sen was about a quarter of a million dollars.
- $40,000 employment contract from Miss Universe Inc.
- $10,000 cash plus swimwear and sportswear from JANTZEN, INC.
- $10,000 cash plus eyewear collection from RAY.BAN
- $3,000 cash plus an active/casual shoes collection from PAYLESS SHOESOURCE
- $2,000 cash plus a year's supply of !exclamation fragrance products from COTY
- $2,000 cash or a one week trip for two to Hawaii plus a generous supply of suncare products from HAWAIIAN TROPIC
- $35,000 shopping spree at RUSTAN's, the Philippines' premier department store
- The all-new Firebird convertible from PONTIAC DIVISION
- The stunning 1994 Miss Universe Diamond signature Brooch designed by Lauren Pipkorn of HAMMERMAN Jewellers, New York
- An exquisite $20,000 18 karat gold and diamond Italian designed Swiss ladies watch from BERTOLUCCI WATCH COMPANY
- A $12,000 shopping spree of leather or fur coats and jackets awarded by world-famous FLEMINGTON FUR COMPANY
- A $10,000 South Sea Pearl Jewelry Ensemble from JEWELMER INTERNATIONAL
- A pair of first class tickets to any worldwide destinations on PHILIPPINE AIRLINES including Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East and USA.
- $10,000 worth of MINOLTA photo equipment
- An extensive assortment of fashionable formal footwear by FREDERICO-LEONE
- A personal appearance travel wardrobe and luggage from Miss Universe, Inc.
- The beautiful Miss Universe Trophy
- The dazzling Miss Universe Crown from INTERNATIONAL GEM & JEWELRY SHOW
- During her reign, Miss Universe 1994 will reside in a luxury apartment in Los Angeles, California, USA
Miss Universe 1974 Amparo Muñoz of Spain won a $10,000 cash prize, a $10,000 guaranteed personal appearance contract, a $2,000 cash scholarship, $1,000 in traveler’s checks, a year of worldwide travel, evening and sports watches, appliances (color television, radio, clock and electronic game center) and a sedan.
On top of these, the Philippine government allowed Muñoz to use a vacation beach house complete with staff for as long as she likes during her reign. Then First Lady Imelda Marcos also gave her a statue of “Noli Me Tangere” character Maria Clara made of 3,700 local shells.
|Amparo Munoz, Miss Universe 1974 from Spain|